What is the difference in DVD-R & DVD+R
and DVD-RW & DVD+RW???
I know that DVD-R or DVD+R can only be recorded on once, but the DVD-RW & DVD+RW can be rewritten 1,000 times. What's the significance of the - or +???
What is the difference in DVD-R & DVD+R
and DVD-RW & DVD+RW???
I know that DVD-R or DVD+R can only be recorded on once, but the DVD-RW & DVD+RW can be rewritten 1,000 times. What's the significance of the - or +???
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by
But in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on."
I think they are just considered 2 different standards. As
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
basically the are just different formats. the -'s were introduced first and more dvd players play the -'s. They are essentially better to get because they have more playability. Its alot more rare for a -r to not play back on a standalone dvd player than a +r is. Even in 2006, the majority of dvd players in the world wont play +'rs.
Seems like one was considered more of a DVD-Rom standard while one was more of a DVD player standard, even though I dont think thats completely accurate now.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
Thanks. My uncle had that question for me and that was one of those rare occasions I didn't have an answer. (If you can't dazzle 'em with brillance, baffle 'em with BS). [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by
But in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on."
Bookmarks